Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What to do?

I have had an oddly productive few days. I have been going to bed and waking up early (for me at least). I attempted to get up and ride Tuesday morning, unfortunately it was raining. So... just work for me. Up early and working again today. Yay for productivity?

Anyway, when I took off early to "reward" myself with the Wednesday night ride, I felt like I'd earned it.

Tonight was an odd ride. I was feeling good, kinda kept up with a few attacks, then started cramping badly in the quad region... thats new. Its typically the calves for me. Oh well... yet another week, yet another time getting dropped. I think I need to work on my muscular endurance. The one thing I have been missing this year is any longer zone 2/3 rides. I think my longest rides this year have been around 55 miles. Oh well.

I'm planning on heading to St. Louis this weekend. Unfortunately, my race at Winghaven is full so I would just be spectating. This should be kind of cool. A lot of friends racing, also some big name pros are going to be in attendance.

That said... there is also a mtb race. So decisions.

Winghaven

or

St. Joe MTB Challenge

Tough call... I'll probably end up just staying in the lou. I have the feeling I am not going to want to do the extra hour and a half drive. Also, I was kind of looking forward to spectating and taking a weekend off from racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment