Thursday, June 25, 2009

49.8 miles

This is what my computer read when I got back to my house from the Wednesday night ride. I was almost tempted to ride around the block to get that bad boy to an even 50, but oh well. It was an interesting day. I felt like crap in the heat but was actually riding fairly well. Unlike most weeks, I actually found myself in the front group on the way back. Eventually this frightened me as I anticipated dehydration and misery- so I dropped back. After 15 minutes of riding alone I eventually caught up to (or they were waiting for me) a group of 5 or so... it was then soft pedaling most of the way home. I felt tired by not in intense pain like typical after Wednesday night. I am either getting into better shape or last night's ride was easy... I have no idea.

Oh well. I am out for some 2x20s. I am hoping those poached eggs I ate a little while ago weren't a terrible idea... my guess is that they will be.


**Edit**

Well, that didn't work. Most miserable 25 miles ever. I started my first 20min threshold interval at only about 90% threshold and cracked after ~6 minutes. Not fun. I then spent the rest of the ride dehydrated and working very hard to maintain a "recovery" level effort. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment