Friday, June 26, 2009

Interval music, and the world's fastest color.

Last night at Mike and Molly's, Ellen asked me "what music did I listen to on my ipod while biking". I don't think she really cared about my bike music listening habits, but was rather insinuating that I didn't like any music. Regardless, when I was heading out today I put on an old playlist I made for my 8 mile runs last winter. The playlist is more or less exactly an hour long making it more or less perfect for a 2x20 workout.

Yeah, after yesterday's failed attempt at 2x20s I decided to give it another go. As far as the workout went, at least it happened this time. My average power was a bit lower than I though it should have been but at least I managed to squeak it out... perhaps I need a better playlist.



Anyway... as far as I am concerned all of these songs are awesome. Some hysterically, some just awesome, some manage to be both.

Barry Manilow- Copacabana
BOC- Burnin' For You
Cheap Trick- Dream Police
Genesis- Invisible Touch
Lovin' Spoonful- Summer in the City
Rush- Limelight
Brian Eno- Baby's of Fire
Billy Idol- White Wedding
Cheap Trick- Surrender
Magazine- Because You're Frightened
Old 97s- Murder (or a Heart Attack)
Peter Gabriel- In Your Eyes
The Outfield- Your Love
REO Speedwagon- Time For Me To Fly
Apples in Stereo- Energy

This is to say, music for this sort of workout really needs to amuse me because its a serious pain in the ass to do. As a side note, I used to hesitate to listen to music while biking. I kind of decided though that whether I heard the cars coming or not it really has no impact on how I am riding. Even when not listening to music I rarely notice them until they are passing me anyway.


Perhaps some of my motivation to ride today came from the fact that I finally got around to putting the new Ritchey "Wet White" stem on my bike. Not to toot my own bikes horn, but it looks pretty sweet.



I have to believe that looking down at a stem in the world's fastest color is going to improve my riding.

2 comments:

  1. You should try techno...Listening to DJ Sammy's "Heaven" will add about 15 Watts to your LT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to MIA this morning... not quite techno, but also a good choice.

    ReplyDelete