Thursday, May 28, 2009

Well son of a bitch...

So... after returning from Iowa, I was greeted tuesday morning with a terrible cold. It is now thursday around noon and I have done remarkably little but lay on the couch and watch tv since. Adding insult was the article in Bicycling magazine that informed me I was losing 2-4% of my fitness every week. I don't have enough to be able to afford to lose any.

Oh well, racing my mountain bike this weekend. My season goal is to get my MTB cat 1 upgrade... this weekend's goal however is that my bike not fall apart while I am racing. Considering these things have gone wrong the last several times I have ridden:

  • Cable to rear derailleur broken
  • Flat tires
  • Brakes got contaminated and squeal horribly
  • Left crank arm fell off!
  • Fork not really engaging in the suspension function its designed for.


I think it is fairly reasonable for me to assume something terrible is going to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment