Friday, May 29, 2009

A New Day.

As of around yesterday afternoon I finally seemed to be kicking the cold I was suffering with. I decided to celebrate by going to a show at The Highdive (I know, that doesn't happen that often). John Hoeffleur was quite good as a solo act playing some Beauty Shop greatest hits and other sundries.

I had high hopes for the band Hopewell seeing as the guitarist/singer played some bass for Mercury Rev- who I am a big fan of. I was actually quite impressed, which is something I don't get to say about shows in Champaign very often



The last band was Elsinor... I can't stand them. I left and went to celebrate Becky Chan's birthday at the Blind Pig. Alex, Becky, Anona and Dan left to go to Merry Anns around 12:30 and I went to Mike and Mollys... As one can assume, this evening seemed to escalate to the point where I consumed quite a bit of cheap beer.

(and a shot from the ceramic tequila man thanks to Gambino)


I was greeted this morning with the old friend "hangover". Sigh... I still managed to enjoy the mountain biking with Dornik this afternoon. I only managed to slightly mess up my shifting when I fell down the side of the hill on the new section. This was a large victory for me given the quantity of things that had been breaking on that bike.

I had a fleeting desire to race at the O'Fallon road race tomorrow, but don't really want to drive myself. Oh well, I guess its just the DINO race for me this weekend. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment