Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Its officially time to start cyclocrossing

Well, if I am going to be technical, I have already done 3 races this year. However, none of them have really felt like it was really CX season.
1. Ronde Von Evergreen in Carbondale IL... it was still September, there weren't a ton of people there, and I felt really sick in the race.
2. Dekalb Chicago Cross Cup race... seemed like a decent showing, but I had to race the "4b" category and as such drank some PBR before the race. I started at the back of the pack, and worked my way to 10th out of 70... I felt good about myself.
3. Pride Inc race in Alton IL. Flat but hard course, not a ton of people, a lot of CAT 1s 2s and 3s lined up in the "CAT 3/4" race. I got lapped at the end of the race by the leaders, was scored as "DNF" and felt shitty about my form...

Regardless... for me the season starts this weekend.

I'm excited, the St. Louis series officially kicks off with a night race Saturday followed by a day race Sunday... hopefully I at least represent the middle of the pack in the "B" race. Low expectations are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment