Monday, August 31, 2009

Not much to blog about

That is to say I have been doing little to nothing. The traditional lack of paycheck in August has only intensified my work/ bike/ sleep lifestyle of this summer. I tried to get out to k-poo as much as I could trying to be fast for the race out there last weekend. As it turned out, the race was nothing really to write home about. I was marginally fast (3rd in my age group in a pretty large field). However, my "fastness" was tempered by frequent falling down.

I fell on my right side twice hard. My right leg from knee up is one large bruise. My right shoulder is very sore... I was honestly kind of worried I had fractured my collarbone last night, consumed 2 vicodin (ironically held over from when I broke my left collarbone). Luckily it felt a bit better today so I think its just badly bruised or slightly separated regardless, bad race.

Next weekend (labor day) is Gateway Cup in St. Louis. However, to be honest, I am not really that excited about it. My mind is really already focused on cross. I can't wait for the Bailey-Bikes "Obrien" to arrive and get to building it up. I think I am going to skip the REALLY early season CX races and shoot for late September start. We'll see. I am throwing some running back into the weekly workout schedule in anticipation.

Although this is where the excitement lies, I still have a few mtb races coming up keeping me interesting... I'm just hoping I don't break myself doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment