Thursday, July 2, 2009

A new title, and hopefully some mountain bike racing

So I got sick of my title... it occurred to me that the combination of beer and bikes in my blog was neither healthy or at all equitable. All told I imagine people would be even less likely to read about my drinking Miller High Life than they would about me riding my bike. I don't know, maybe not.

Anyway, "An Incurable"- From a Guided By Voices song. I think it fits... If I knew how to do such things, I would post a link to the song here. I don't though, so I will just post this image:


This has been an interesting week for me. I have done almost nothing but go to work and ride my bike. I guess its been good, but I am getting a bit sick of being in my office until midnight. Biking has been surprisingly good this week. My 2x20s monday were at about an average of 20watts higher than last week? Wednesday night I was kind of shocked to find myself hanging with the front group, and occasionally driving the pace. This afternoon Nick and I headed out to the poo. We did a full lap in 1:04 (my fastest this year by quite a bit). This was a 10.9 mph average, again about a mph faster than my fastest lap.

Given this information, I am thrilled to be racing my mountain bike this weekend in Indiana... Now I am going to go finish up working at the wholly respectable time of around 10pm and am probably going to drink High Life.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the MTB race. Where is it?

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the DINO race... Someplace called "North Vernon" I have no idea. Its southern anyway.

    ReplyDelete